Saturday, April 21, 2012

Atlanta...again

It's the end of my last full day in the US for the next month, SO EXCITED!  I've been on Spring Break for the past few days and it's been a far cry from an MTV special.  I spent the first half organizing my room and playing halo with some fraternity brothers.  The past few days, I've made a triumphant return to the heart of the south, Atlanta.  I've spent most of my time eating (shocker) in a part of town called Decatur which, as one of my friends described is for "hipsters and lesbians."  As potentially offensive as that description was, Decatur has been pretty awesome.  There are some pretty cool restaurants and I've had the best sandwich, bison burger, and cupcake of my life...which is quite a lot of best foods for only 3 days.  For those headed to Atlanta, Ted's has a great bison burger.  A restaurant called Which Wich, which doesn't exist in Colorado, New Mexico, or Virginia, has amazing sandwiches.  They have these brown bags with boxes to check off of what you want then you hand it to the staff, they make it, and give it back IN THE BROWN PAPER BAG!  Well, it's the small things in life.  Anyways, this other restaurant called Taco Mac serves the best...wings?  Absolutely!  There's a nifty, story about two guys who bought a taco stand with all the money they had and sold wings and beer but couldn't afford to change the sign.  OK, not that interesting of a story, but it embodies the American spirit.  Anyways they serve good wings and burritos, I guess they figured they couldn't be called Taco Mac and not serve Mexican food.  Also, there's this place called The Chocolate Bar and it is exactly what it sounds like.  A bar that sells only chocolate and chocolate drinks!  Overpriced, but literally amazing.  Meanwhile, I'm prepping for Italy, and the plan is to avoid leaving anything behind including, but not limited to: cell phone charger, computer charger, shoes, or passport.  Cheers to the daily adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment