Sunday, June 17, 2012

Coney island, baby

Ok, I'm trying posting from my phone since it served as my camera for today's adventures so bare  with me.  So today started with a trip to a pop-up store (what Is that) for suits themed after the amazing show suits.  Free coffee and chips. Awesome tables with tablets in them that recognized cards. And, oh yeah, 1500 dollar suits. It was amazing. Such a great atmosphere. 
Later, we headed to coney island.  I grabbed a hot dog and bacon cheese fries from the famous Nathan's hot dog place that will be hosting the eating contest in about 16 days.
Then we rode some awesome rides.  The girl I went with is a bit of an adrenaline junky so the three rides we went on were the most intense.  See, I used to hope for a life threatening situation so I could prove myself. I wanted my work to get robbed. I wanted to have to fight for my life. I settled for just riding roller coasters.  Today, on the other hand, I have a healthy attachment to my life, so these intense rides were a bit much. Dangling 100 feet in the air, all I could think about was how much it would suck if the machine broke and we plummeted to the ground below.  It was a really beautiful site though.  The second ride was one of those lay down super man  style.  But, the security thing did not click in very well. I could lean back and it would lean with me for about another five inches. Im sure it was safe but at the time I was sure I was gonna die. The 10 year old kid who was riding alone with us was laughing at me.  add injury to insult, since I wear my ID badge from the hospital every where, and it clips in, it unclipped on the ride and fell fifty feet never to be seen again. Oops.  The last intense ride, was the big ball that gets slingshot into the air, about 140 feet. The thirty minutes spent in line were agony. as we watched couple after couple get hurled into the air, all I could think about were the wires snapping.  I was convinced I was going to die.  I met a man in the line behind us, named Alex, who was pissed to go on this ride. His two fears are heights and falling. But he was more concerned about his friend, who looked like Donny Osmond, making out with his girlfriend, who looked like slightly less trashy version of Ke$ha.  Apparently Donny was going to go with Kesha but promised to make out with her afterwards, causing Alex to over come his fears and go on the ride.  Anyways, at the top, when you're in free fall, you can see for miles. its beautiful.  The city, the sun, the ocean, just beautiful.  We were higher than a kite. Literally, there was a kite flying below us. and a seagull was flying  mere foot or so above us. It was an amazing 90 seconds.  Alex and Kesha went after us.  He looked like he was about to cry but as soon as it took off you could tell he was having fun.  But, when it ended, he went back to being pissed at Donny and Kesha.  We ended our coney island trip on the Ferris wheel so I could get pictures for the blog.  So here they are.


We ended our day with the best chicken salad sandwiches ever...from Dunkin donuts. Seriously.  We ate them on the beach at sunset.  Yeah, that's my life in new York 
Cheers to the daily adventure.  And happy fathers day to all you dads out there.





No comments:

Post a Comment